Last updated: 10/05/2022
2. WHO WE ARE
DAZN Media Services Limited – better known as DAZN – is the data controller of your personal information covered by this Privacy Notice. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):• Registration number: ZA 188575
• Registered office: DAZN Media Services Limited, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom
DAZN's representative in the European Union for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is DAZN DACH GmbH of Münchener Str. 101 Gebäude 24.5 Nord, 85737 Ismaning, Germany.
DAZN Spain, S.L is jointly responsible with DAZN for how your personal information is collected and processed for billing purposes. DAZN Spain’s registered office is at Avenida General Perón, 40, Bloque D, 2ª planta, 28020 Madrid, Spain.
If you require to contact us, please see the Contact Us section.
3. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may receive, store, use and share different types of personal information and other information from and about your interaction with us:• Usage information: your use, activity, and interaction with our website, including pages viewed and search queries.
• Technical information: the device or browser used to access our website and other technical information, collected through cookies and similar technologies. See the Cookie Notice section.
• Customer Service information: where you choose to interact with our customer services teams, including chat conversation transcripts and contact information.
• Feedback and Survey information: where you choose to participate in any surveys or have provided other feedback through our website.
• Marketing information: where you to opt-in to direct marketing communications, or participate in promotions, prize draws and competitions.
• Advertising information: Information about your preferences to receive tailored advertising on our website, and/or in combination with the Technical information (see above), used by us and third parties to select, display and measure the use of tailored and non-tailored advertising. See the Cookie Notice section.
• Aggregated information: We also collect, store, use and share aggregated information such as statistical or demographic information. This could be derived from your personal information but is not itself considered personal information. However, if we combine or associate aggregated information with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be collected, stored, used and shared in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection law requirements.
4. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION• Information you give us: We receive, store, use and share your personal information and information you provide to us when registering interest in our servicers or otherwise engage with our customer service teams.
• Information we collect automatically: We automatically receive, store, use and share personal information and information about you, your device, and your use of, and interactions with, on our platforms. We do this through a variety of technical methods, including the collection of personal information and information via cookies and similar technologies. For more information, please read section the Cookie Notice section.
• Information we receive from other sources: We receive, store, use and share personal information about you from other sources and from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law. We combine and connect the personal information we collect from and about you with personal information we receive from these other sources. Where personal information is transferred to us from third parties we take steps to verify that these third parties are legally permitted to disclose your personal information to us.
5. PURPOSES AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We or organisations acting on our behalf may use your personal information for justified and specified purposes, and in each instance relying on an applicable legal basis under applicable data protection law:• Consent: where you have given permission for us to process your personal information for one or more specific purposes. For example, if we were to provide you with marketing emails based on your consent to receive such emails.
• Contract: where processing your personal information is necessary for a contract you are about to enter in to or executed with us or have entered in to or executed with us. For example, to provide customer support or to notify you about changes to our Terms & Conditions of Use, this Privacy Notice and/or any other terms and conditions relevant to you.
• Legal Obligation: where processing your personal information is necessary for us meet our legal and regulatory compliance requirements in the countries where we operate. For example, to comply with specific legal retention requirements, regulatory audits, and other record keeping purposes.
• Legitimate Interests: where processing your personal information is necessary for our own or a third parties justified legitimate interests, and where your rights and freedoms do not override those interests. For example, to monitor and improve the information security of our services.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information and other information as set out below:• With third parties: to providers processing on our behalf to operate functions of our website, or as otherwise to the extent legally permitted.
• With DAZN entities: within our organisations as required for the purposes of system administration, and to professional advisers of DAZN entities including lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers and accountants for the proper conduct of our business.
• In connection with business transfers and transactions affecting the DAZN Group: in the event of any reorganisation, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets.
• For other lawful reasons: where we are under a duty to, or reasonably believe we need to, reasonably comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal obligation or regulatory/law enforcement authority request.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
DAZN is a global organisation, and your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed between any of the countries in which we, our entities or third parties operate for any of the purposes set out above.
For such international transfers we ensure the appropriate safeguarding of your personal information through only transmitting information via transfer mechanisms approved by the applicable data protection laws. Information in relation to mechanisms governing these transfers can be requested via the Contact Us section.
8. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. To determine the appropriate retention periods, we consider:• the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal information.
• the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information.
• the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
• the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements for retention.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Depending on applicable data protection laws, you are able to exercise your rights in respect of your personal information we process:• To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
• To request correction or rectification of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• To request the erasure of your personal information where processing is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
• To request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
• To request transfer of your personal information to another data controller.
• To object to your personal information being used for direct marketing or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests except where we can demonstrate compelling grounds for continuing.
• To withdraw consent where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information; this includes withdrawal of consent from direct marketing communications.
• To not to be subject to decisions made automatically that produce legal effects or significantly affect you. However, we do not consider that our use of profiling and automated decision-making produces legal effects or significantly affect you.
To exercise your rights, please see the Contact Us section. We may not be unable to comply with your request based on exceptions that we can rely upon under applicable data protection laws associated with your country of residence. Should this be the case, we would inform you of this when you contact us. We will acknowledge requests immediately and without delay and will aim to complete your request within one calendar month.
10. DIRECT MARKETING
Subject to your consent, we may use your personal information to send you direct marketing emails. You are free to opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of one of our emails.
You can also amend your marketing communication preferences via the methods in the Contact Us section. Please note that our systems take up to 72 hours to update your preferences following any opt-out.
11. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect and/or share personal information about children and take steps to delete such information without notification should we become aware of such processing. If you are a parent or guardian and have reason to believe that we have collected personal information from or about your child, you can contact us via the methods in the Contact Us section.
12. INFORMATION SECURITY
We are committed to protecting your personal information, and to do so we deploy industry-standard physical, technical and organisational security measures in the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information. Whilst no security measures are impenetrable, the controls we apply are designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information. Should you have received a suspicious email claiming to be from DAZN, please contact us via the methods in the Contact Us section.
13. COOKIE NOTICE
What are cookies
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on your device for Internet web browsers to track, personalize, and save information about each your browsing session. We make use of both first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
What we mean by “similar technologies”
These include web beacons, pixels and Software Development Kits (SDKs) that perform a similar role as cookies. They are embedded in various parts of our services to collect certain information about:• your device or browser (e.g. your IP address);
• mobile advertising identifiers (e.g. MAIDs and IFAs);
• information on your interaction and use of our services, including your Usage information (see the Types Of Information We Collect section).
• Deliver our services to you;
• Better understand how you interact with our services;
• Customise, measure and improve your experience of our services;
• Conduct research and diagnostics from your use of our services;
• Prevent fraudulent and otherwise unlawful activities;
• Maintain and improve our information security;
• Deliver personalised content and recommendations to you;
• Deliver targeted and relevant marketing communications and ads about our services on a selection of websites across the Internet including social media platforms;
• Technically deliver ads on our services;
• Combat ad fraud and abuse, to prevent you seeing the same ad repeatedly and for aggregated ad reporting; and
• Collect, share, and use personal information to select, display and/or measure tailored and non-tailored ads on our services.
Categories of cookies we use
• Strictly Necessary (or ‘essential'): Necessary for the operation of our service. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your cookie preferences. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our services will not then work. They do not store any personal information.
• Performance: Enable us to measure and improve our website by collecting, analysing and reporting information on how you and others use it. These cookies and similar technologies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you or anyone else. If you disable these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our services and we won’t be able to properly monitor its performance for you.
• Functional: Help us to provide enhanced functionality and content personalisation on our services. For example, they help us to recognise you when you return to our services, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, such as your choice of language. They do not track your browsing activity on third party websites. If you disable these cookies, our enhanced functionality and content personalisation may not function properly.
• Targeting: Set through our services by our third-party advertising partners to improve your ad experience on other sites or apps. They are used by our partners to build a profile of your interests to show you more relevant and personalised marketing communications on other sites or apps, to measure the effectiveness of these marketing communications, and to prevent you from seeing the same ones repeatedly. These cookies and similar technologies do not store personal information that directly identifies you, but instead use a unique identifier to identify your browser or device (e.g. your IP address, MAID or IFA). If you disable these cookies, you will still see marketing communications and ads on other sites or apps, but they will not be as relevant to your interests. We will continue to personalise your experience on our services through cookies you have not disabled.
Customising your preferences
You can customise cookie settings. You can also accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your Internet browser or device. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a website (www.allaboutcookies.org) which explains how cookies work and how they can be managed. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block and or disable all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our services.
14. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We keep this notice under regular review to ensure it reflects how we process your personal information, including changes to our processing purposes, your rights in respect of your personal information, and substantive or material changes to how we process personal information. We will take proactive measures to notify you of any such changes via an appropriate means to ensure you remain informed, such as emails, and website pop ups.
15. CONTACT US
If you have any questions in respect of this notice, about the collection and processing of your personal information, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by the following methods:• Email: email@example.com
• Webchat: https://www.dazn.com/help
For any specific queries or issues in respect of the processing of your personal information, you may contact our Data Protection Officer or authorised representative (where applicable) via the following methods:• Email: DPO@dazn.com
• Post: The Data Protection Officer, DAZN Media Services Limited, 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal information. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. To contact the ICO, please visit the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk) for instructions.