In a bout overshadowed by Oscar Valdez testing positive for a banned substance, the show still goes on as Valdez, the world's best super-featherweight, defends his WBC belt against Brazil's Robson Conceicao.
Valdez became a two-weight world champion earlier this year when he produced a stunning performance to knockout Miguel Berchelt in a bruising encounter.
With the fight recently marred by the failed drug test, will it impact Valdez' performance against a highly skilled fighter who has climbed the rankings in a quiet manner.
- Tony Bellew says Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez can be 'one of the best fighters of all time'
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway 3: Keys to victory for both fighters at UFC 276
- Anthony Joshua vs. Tyson Fury is the biggest fight in boxing claims Eddie Hearn
- Anthony Joshua's got to do something special against Oleksandr Usyk says Eddie Hearn
Here's everything you need to know ahead of fight night.
When is Valdez vs. Conceicao? Date, start time
- Date: Friday, September 10th
- Main card: 8 p.m. ET/1 a.m. BST
- Main event approx: 11:00 p.m. ET/4:00 a.m. BST
The card, headlined by Oscar Valdez vs Robson Conceicao, takes place on Friday, September 10th. The main card begins at 8 p.m. ET in the United States and at 1 a.m. BST in the UK. The main eventers are expected to make their walks to the ring at around 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. BST, pending on the outcome of the earlier main card fights.
What Channel/Stream is Valdez vs. Conceicao?
- U.S.: ESPN
- UK: Sky Sports
ESPN will air the fight in the United States, while Sky Sports have picked up the bout in the United Kingdom.
Where is the card taking place?
The card will take place at the Casino Del Sol in Tucson, Arizona.
Fight card in full
- Oscar Valdez vs Robson Conceicao for Valdez' WBC super-featherweight title
- Junto Nakatani vs. Angel Acosta for Nakatani's WBO flyweight title
- Gabriel Flores vs. Luis Vargas
- Juan Tellez vs. Eduardo Garza
- Xander Zayas vs. Jose Sanchez
- Jose Ramirez vs. Miguel Ceballos