If you thought Jake Paul wouldn't return to boxing, you are sorely mistaken.
On Wednesday, the social media star announced that he's returning to the ring on Saturday, April 17, on rapper Snoop Dogg's newly launched Fight Club on Triller pay-per-view. According to Triller owner Ryan Kavanaugh, the fight will be against a legitimate professional boxer who hasn't been announced yet. No venue has been announced at this time.
Paul is thrilled to be headlining his first pay-per-view that will feature three undercard bouts, several musical performances, and special commentators, following the example of the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. exhibition at the end of November. The 24-year-old is looking forward to showing the world what he's all about against real competition.
"Hate me or love me, you can't stop me," Paul said in a press release. "April 10, I headline a global PPV event, and I am getting my third knockout in a row," said Paul. "I look to prove to the world that I am and I will remain one of the biggest names in this sport. Thank you to Triller, Bobby, Ryan, and Snoop for giving me the opportunity to showcase my talent to the world. Given their leadership, I know the visuals, performances, and production value on this show will be unlike anything anyone has seen. Together, we will continue to break records."
Since then, Paul has fired shots at Conor McGregor, Bellator fighter and McGregor friend Dillon Danis and former Bellator and UFC fighter Ben Askren in hopes of luring one of them to fight him.