Katie Taylor has defended her undisputed women's lightweight championship twice so far in 2021, seeing off the challenges of both Natasha Jonas and Jennifer Han. Now, she goes for a 3-for-3 year when she puts them all up against Firuza Sharipova in Liverpool.
Taylor remains undefeated as a pro and has her eyes on a superfight against Amanda Serrano, who along with Taylor is considered one of the top three women pound-for-pound in the sport today, in 2022. To stand a chance of making that dream a reality, she must first get past the challenge of the Kazakhstan fighter, who has not been defeated since a four-round decision reverse on her pro debut way back in May 2016.
The contest serves as one half of a double main event alongside Conor Benn vs. Chris Algieri in a welterweight 12-rounder.
Here's everything you need to know ahead of fight night.
When is Taylor vs. Sharipova? date, start time
- Date: Saturday, December 11
- Before The Bell: 4pm GMT, 5pm CET, 11am ET, 8am PT
- Main card: 6pm GMT, 7pm CET, 1pm ET, 10am PT
- Taylor-Sharipova ringwalks (approx): 9pm GMT, 10pm CET, 4pm ET, 1pm PT
The main televised card gets underway from 6pm local time in the UK, while undisputed women's lightweight title bout will go on second-to-last, just before Benn vs. Algieri. With the final fight of the evening beginning no earlier than 10pm local time, an estimated ringwalk time for Taylor and Sharipova stands at around 8:45-9pm GMT. As ever with live events, this will all depend on how long the undercard fights last.
What channel/stream is Taylor vs. Sharipova?
- Global: DAZN
The main card will stream worldwide on DAZN, meaning you can tune in for this, Madrimov vs. Soro, Zurdo Ramirez vs. Gonzalez and Parker vs. Chisora 2 all for the same monthly fee (subject to availability of each fight in your country - check here for details ). Click here for more information including how to subscribe.
Where is the Taylor vs. Sharipova fight?
The card will be held at the M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, England. It will be Taylor's first pro fight in the city as well as Sharipova's UK debut.
Katie Taylor record and bio
- Nationality: Irish
- Date of Birth: July 2, 1986
- Height: 5'5"
- Reach: 65"
- Total Fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (6 KOs)
Firuza Sharipova record and Bio
- Nationality: Kazakhstani
- Date of Birth: August 29, 1984
- Height: 5'5 1/2"
- Reach: 65"
- Total Fights: 15
- Record: 14-1, 8 KOs
Taylor vs. Sharipova fight card
Before The Bell prelims
- Joe McGrail v Francisco Rodriguez, 4 rounds at super-bantamweight
- Callum French v Rustem Fatkhullin, 6 rounds at super-lightweight
- Jordan Gill v Alan Isaias Luques Castillo, 8 rounds at featherweight
- Paddy Lacey v Vasif Mamedov, 4 rounds at super-welterweight
DAZN Main card
- Caoimhan Agyarko v Noe Larios Jr, 10 rounds for the WBA International middleweight title
- Peter McGrail v Engel Gomez, 6 rounds at super-bantamweight
- Joe Cordina v Miko Khatchatryan, 10 rounds for the WBA Continental super-featherweight title
- Robbie Davies Jr v Henry Lundy, 10 rounds for the WBA Continental super-featherweight title
- Katie Taylor v Firuza Sharipova, 10 rounds for the undisputed women's lightweight title
- Conor Benn v Chris Algieri, 12 rounds for the WBA Continental welterweight title