DAZN News

Bob Arum reveals Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua contracts to be exchanged

1 min read
joshua-fury-getty-ftr (Getty Images)

Bob Arum, who co-promotes WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes that contracts will be exchanged this week with representatives of three-belt titleholder Anthony Joshua.

Negotiations have been ongoing with Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn. Financial terms have been agreed in principle for some time, with an equal split between the two boxers anticipated.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Arum said that he was already in talks, revealing: "I talked to Eddie [Hearn] yesterday. Eddie, with the Joshua people, will have the first draft of the contract to us on Tuesday.

"And then I will circulate it to Frank [Warren], to Tyson, and to the various lawyers. "We'll then get back to Eddie with our comments, and I really believe that this is pretty much a no-brainer because everybody [is a] professional and wants this to happen. So I think shortly we'll be able to tie this up and then jointly select the site."

Hearn has revealed that a fight location was yet to be decided, but he had been looking to determine what country the first fight will take place. There are expected to be at least two fights between Joshua and Fury as part of the deal. Still, with coronavirus restrictions in Britain, alternative locations are expected to host the first fight.

"The appropriate place would've been the United Kingdom," Arum said. "But with the restrictions and uncertainty, we're looking for a site someplace else – be it the Mid-East or Asia. And I'm sure that once we get this document signed, we'll jointly be able to select the site and get it announced."

Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs) hasn't fought since he destroyed Deontay Wilder via seventh-round TKO in February. Joshua (24-1, 22 KOs) competed in December, knocking out Kubrat Pulev in the ninth round to retain the IBF, WBA (super) and WBO heavyweight titles. 

 

Latest News