Conor Benn looks to conclude a busy 2021 with another victory, and one that could help make 2022 the year he challenges for major honours at welterweight.
Benn faces former world champion, Chris Algieri, who has taken on the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Errol Spence Jr., Amir Khan and more in his 13-year professional tenure thus far. Victory for 'The Destroyer' would make him 3-for-3 in the calendar year, and 20-0 overall as a pro.
Also on the weekend card in Liverpool, Katie Taylor defends her undisputed women's lightweight crown against Firuza Sharipova as part of a double main event from Matchroom Boxing.
Here's everything you need to know.
When is Benn vs. Algieri? date, start time
- Date: Saturday, December 11
- Before The Bell: 4pm GMT, 5pm CET, 11am ET, 8am PT
- Main card: 6pm GMT, 7pm CET, 1pm ET, 10am PT
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 10pm GMT, 11pm CET, 5pm ET, 2pm PT
The main televised card gets underway from 6pm local time in the UK, while the Benn vs. Algeiri bout — currently set to go on last — will not begin ringwalks any earlier than 10pm in Liverpool. As ever with live events, how soon after 10pm Benn emerges will depend on how long the undercard and Katie Taylor's fight run.
What channel/stream is Benn vs. Algieri?
- Global: DAZN
The main card will stream worldwide on DAZN, meaning you can tune in for this, Madrimov vs. Soro, Zurdo Ramirez vs. Gonzalez and Parker vs. Chisora 2 all for the same monthly fee (subject to availability of each fight in your country - check here for details ). Click here for more information including how to subscribe.
Where is the Benn vs. Algieri fight?
The card will be held at the M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, England. It will be Benn's first fight there since 2018 when he halted Chris Truman.
Conor Benn record and bio
- Nationality: British
- Date of Birth: September 28, 1996
- Height: 5'8"
- Reach: 68"
- Total Fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (12 KOs)
Chris Algieri record and Bio
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: March 2, 1984
- Height: 5'10"
- Reach: 72"
- Total Fights: 28
- Record: 25-3, 9 KOs
Benn vs. Algieri fight card
Before The Bell prelims
- Joe McGrail v Francisco Rodriguez, 4 rounds at super-bantamweight
- Callum French v Rustem Fatkhullin, 6 rounds at super-lightweight
- Jordan Gill v Alan Isaias Luques Castillo, 8 rounds at featherweight
- Paddy Lacey v Vasif Mamedov, 4 rounds at super-welterweight
DAZN Main card
- Caoimhan Agyarko v Noe Larios Jr, 10 rounds for the WBA International middleweight title
- Peter McGrail v Engel Gomez, 6 rounds at super-bantamweight
- Joe Cordina v Miko Khatchatryan, 10 rounds for the WBA Continental super-featherweight title
- Robbie Davies Jr v Henry Lundy, 10 rounds for the WBA Continental super-featherweight title
- Katie Taylor v Firuza Sharipova, 10 rounds for the undisputed women's lightweight title
- Conor Benn v Chris Algieri, 12 rounds for the WBA Continental welterweight title