Frank Warren wants Joe Joyce back in the ring this summer in order to set up a clash with Joseph Parker this September.
Parker and Joyce had been expected to announce a fight in the near future but ultimately the bout has been suspended indefinitely, with Warren blaming a wrist injury for the former WBO champion for the postponement.
Joyce now has an empty schedule ahead of him and having last fought in 2021 when he defeated Carlos Takam, is in need of a fight to stay active.
- Anthony Joshua 'definitely desperate' to regain heavyweight titles against Oleksandr Usyk
- Claressa Shields vs. Savannah Marshall undisputed title fight; Mayer vs. Baumgardner title unification set for Sept. 10
- 'Kubrat Pulev would smash Jake Paul to pieces' says Bulgarian's promoter ahead of Derek Chisora clash
- Derek Chisora is enjoying boxing ahead of Kubrat Pulev rematch as he shuts down retirement talk
Frank Warren said on his Queensberry Promotions website: “I’m really looking forward to seeing the heavyweight juggernaut Joe Joyce back in action too.
“Joe’s had a [frustrating] time since his demolition job on Carlo Takam last year. He’s not been as active as we or he would have liked due to a wrist injury and the delay to his showdown with Joseph Parker.
“We found out last week that Parker’s training schedule scuppered our plans for them to meet on July 2nd, but it was important to us and Joe that he still fight after such a lengthy layoff with injury.
“The carrot for Joyce is a win on July 2 will set up a massive showdown with Parker in September. He needs to keep his focus, though, and deliver on July 2 as the big opportunities are now there to be taken for the Olympic Silver medallist."