March 4 will be a historic moment in crossover boxing with the MF & DAZN: X Series staging the first ever tag team boxing match.
The matchup will feature Los Pineda Coladas take on Ice Poseidon and Anthony Vargas, compete for glory in what will be a historic night.
But with this being a new match type, many fans will be wondering what the rules will be.
DAZN breaks them down below.
Tag team boxing: List of rules
These rules are to be read in conjunction with the rules governing orthodox bouts provided by the Local Commission for any event where Tag-Team boxing is taking place (“Boxing Rules”). Any aspect of the Tag-Team bout not specifically covered by these rules (such as those pertaining to the glove size, ring size and rules governing a disqualification etc.) are as set out in the Boxing Rules. In all other respects a Tag-Team bout shall be as defined in these rules (the “Tag Team Bout”).
- A Tag Team Bout shall of two teams of two boxers (each a “Tag Team”).
- During the Tag Team Bout one member of each Tag Team shall partake in the bout subject to the Boxing Rules (the “Fighter”).
- The member of each Tag Team not partaking in the Tag Team Bout (the “Substitute”) shall stand on the ring apron outside the ropes of the ring behind their team’s corner unless permitted to leave the apron in accordance with these rules.
- The Substitute may not enter the ring unless Tagged by the Fighter in accordance with Clause 2.
- The Substitute shall at all times follow the instructions of the Local Commission and referee of the Tag Team Bout.
- A tag is executed once a Fighter touches gloves with their Substitute (a “Tag”) at which point the referee shall signal a “break”, separate the fighters and allow a substitution to happen with the Fighter becoming the Substitute and vice versa (a “Substitution”). For the avoidance of doubt, A Substitute may initiate a Tag by touching the glove of the Fighter.
- A Tag may take place at any point during the Tag Team Bout (including between rounds). However, each Fighter has a duty to always protect themselves and may be disqualified or have a point deducted for Tagging during any period which the referee believes a Tag to be unsafe.
- Immediately following a Tag, the opponent must follow the instructions of the referee and keep a safe distance from both the Fighter and the Substitute. For the avoidance of doubt, the Substitute shall be permitted to enter the ring unimpeded by the opponent.
- Once the Substitution has been made, the Tag Team Bout will continue at the instruction of the referee
- The Substitute must be available to Tag at all points during the Tag Team Bout.
- The Substitute shall not touch the ring ropes unless reaching for a Tag.
- The Substitute may hold the corner post in the event fighting occurs near their position. Where such an event occurs, the Substitute shall stand back to avoid any interference with the action unless reaching for a Tag.
- The Substitute must accept any Tag attempt made by the Fighter.
- Where a Substitute is ruled unable to partake in a Substitution following a Tag by the referee (due to injury, illness or any other matter) that Tag Team will lose the Tag Team Bout by TKO.
- There is no limit on the number of Tags that may take place during a Bout.
- A Tag cannot take place during the referee’s count following a knockdown
- Time will not be stopped during a Substitution.
- The Fighter and Substitute must complete a Substitution without delay.
- The referee may call time, warn or take a point from a Tag Team that is (i) purposely delaying or slowing down the Substitution process and/or (ii) repeatedly Tagging without any major action occurring.
Winning the Bout
A Tag Team wins the Tag Team Bout in accordance with the Boxing Rules as though there were only two fighters in the Tag Team Bout with the Tag Team members being treated as one person.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- Scorecards are aggregated based on the performance of the fighters in the ring as though both Tag Team members are one person.
- If a member of a Tag Team is knocked out or a technical knockout is ruled by the referee, the other Tag Team shall win the Tag Team Bout.
- All members of a Tag Team Bout shall wear gloves that are the same weight.
- All members of a Tag Team Bout must be in the same weight class (or in case of a catch weight, the agreed upon catch weight limit) in accordance with the rules of the Local Commission. If any member of a Tag Team fails to make weight, the Tag Team Bout may be cancelled at the discretion of the Local Commission and the other members of the Tag Team Bout.
- Each Tag Team shall have a distinguishing mark or colour in line with the colour of their assigned corner to aid in the judging process. This mark, clothing or other distinguishing factor shall be provided by the Local Commission.
- Each Tag Team shall be permitted up to three cornermen.
- Each Tag Team member will be assigned one Ring inspector who may switch their assignments within the Tag Team.
- During each break between rounds, only one cornerman shall be permitted to enter the ring, with the two others permitted to stand on the apron; if appropriate the Substitute may step down from the apron until the break is over.
- If the Substitute leaves the apron for any reason their Tag Team will be disqualified.
- The Cornermen shall use their discretion to divide their time between the Tag Team members in any way they see fit. Provided always that they ensure both members of the Tag Team have been attended to in between rounds and received a minimum of vaseline and water.
- Only one Tag Team member may be in the ring at any time including in between rounds.
Los Pineda Coladas vs. Ice Poseidon and Anthony Vargas fight date, start time
- Date : Saturday, March 4
- Time : 7 p.m. GMT / 2 p.m. ET
- Fight ringwalks (approx): 9:01 p.m. GMT / 4:01 p.m. ET
The event is set to get underway at 7 p.m. GMT / 2 p.m. ET, the ringwalks for this particular fight are scheduled for 9:01 p.m. GMT / 4:01 p.m. ET. Timings are subject to change due to the length of the undercard fights.
Can I watch Los Pineda Coladas vs. Ice Poseidon and Anthony Vargas on DAZN?
The card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries across the globe. You can sign up for a subscription here . However if you are in Argentina, Chile and Colombia you must download the DAZN app from the Apple App Store or Android Google Play store and then sign up from there, rather than via web browser.
What devices are supported on DAZN?
DAZN is available on web browsers at DAZN.com (except Argentina, Chile and Colombia) and also has apps available for all of the following TV and streaming devices:
|Mobile Devices||TV & Streaming Devices||Game Consoles|
|iPhone, iPad||Amazon Fire TV||Playstation 4|
|Android phones, tablets||Amazon Fire TV Stick||Playstation 5|
|Amazon Fire tablet||Android TV||XBox One|
|Apple TV||XBox Series X | S|
|LG Smart TV, Smartcast|
|Panasonic Smart TV|
|Samsung Smart TV|
|Sony Smart TV|
Where is the Los Pineda Coladas vs. Ice Poseidon and Anthony Vargas fight?
The fight will take place at the Telford International Centre in England.
Los Pineda Coladas vs. Ice Poseidon and Anthony Vargas fight card
- Jay Swingler vs. NichLMAO; Super middleweight
- Deen The Great vs. Pully Arif; For Deen The Great's MF lightweight title
- King Kenny vs. Ash Rak-Su; Cruiserweight
- B Dave & Luis Pineda vs. IcePoseidon & Anthony Vargas; Light heavyweight tag team boxing match
- Astrid Wett vs. A.J. Bunker; For the vacant MF women's flyweight title
- Ginty vs. Halal Ham; Cruiserweight
- Walid Sharks vs. Ayye Pap; Lightweight
- Tempo Arts vs. Godson; Heavyweight