Robbie Davies Jr. and Lewis Ritson have had heated exchanges online and in person.
Both men will look to settle their grudge in the ring Saturday, when the bitter rivals clash in Ritson's hometown of Newcastle, England.
Ritson, who suffered a defeat to Francesco Patera last October, got back to his winning ways by scoring a unanimous decision over German Argentino Benitez in March and stopping Marek Jedrzejewsji in three rounds this past August. Meanwhile, Davies, has won four straight, including his TKO of Michal Dufek in August as well.
- Tyson Fury unleashes incredible personal attack on Oleksandr Usyk following collapse of their fight
- Jermaine Franklin believes he's found Anthony Joshua's weakness
- David Benavidez vs. Caleb Plant: Keys to victory for both fighters
- Was Tyson Fury preparing for Oleksandr Usyk fight? His trainer provides the answer
Matchroom Boxing president Eddie Hearn can't wait for this domestic bout.
"There has been great buildup for this, it’s a brilliant domestic fight and a pure 50-50 eliminator for the world title and a massive opportunity for both men," Hearn said. "Ritson has moved up after demolishing everyone domestically, losing for the European title. I think I wanted him to move up slightly before that, now he’s at 140 pounds against a big 140-pound fighter in Davies Jr., he’s won the British, the European (super lightweight titles) which Lewis couldn’t do. He’s coming to Ritson’s backyard because he believes he can win, and he wants to move on and fight all those big names at 140.”
When is the Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson fight?
The Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson fight will take place on Saturday, Oct. 19. The undercard is set to begin at 2 p.m. ET, with the main card slated for a 4 p.m.
How do I watch Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson?
The Davies Jr. vs. Ritson fight is not available via traditional pay-per-view methods. Instead, fans in North America can sign up to watch the fight online with DAZN, the global sports live-streaming service.
DAZN is available on a variety of platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers via DAZN.com.
How much does the Davies Jr. vs. Ritson fight cost?
A new subscriber to DAZN can sign up for a monthly subscription or annual pass to watch the fight. The annual pass — which includes access to all of DAZN’s live events, as well as highlights, replays, behind-the-scenes features, original shows and live reports — is $99.99, which averages out to a little over $8 a month. For those who want a monthly plan instead of the longer-term value, fight fans can sign up for a monthly option for $19.99.
For current subscribers, the fight is already included as part of your plan.
Where is the Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson fight?
The Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson fight will take place at the Utilita Rena in Newcastle, England.
Robbie Davies Jr. record and bio
Name: Robbie Davies Jr.
Total fights: 20
Record: 19-1 with 13 KOs
Lewis Ritson record and bio
Name: Lewis Ritson
Total fights: 20
Record: 19-1 with 12 KOs
Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson fight card
- Robbie Davies Jr. vs. Lewis Ritson; Super lightweight
- Ted Cheeseman vs. Scott Fitzgerald; Super welterweight
- Ricky Summers vs. Lawrence Osueke; Light heavyweight
- Martin Bakole Ilunga vs. Gabriel Enguema; Heavyweight
- John Docherty vs. Paddy McDonagh; Super middleweight
- Savannah Marshall vs. TBA; Super middleweight
- Kieron Conway vs. TBA; Super welterweight
- Joe Laws vs. TBA; Welterweight
- Terry Wilkinson vs. TBA; Super lightweight