Emerging lightweight contender Ryan Garcia has claimed he will knock out Luke Campbell within three rounds.
Garcia and Campbell were set to meet on December 5 but the 33-year-old Englishman tested positive for coronavirus, leading the fight to be rescheduled to January 2.
Speaking to Kevin Hart on the internet show Cold As Balls, the 22-year-old made clear that he regards the match-up with Campbell as the most significant bout of his career.
“This is going to be the biggest fight in my life so far,” said Garcia.
“It’s going to put me on that level where I get that respect. I think this fight will solidify me as probably one of the best in the world right now.”
While Campbell has two world title fights to his name and Garcia is yet to establish himself as a serious figure in the division, the Californian is confident that it will be an easy win, telling Hart: “I know I’m going to beat Luke Campbell, knock him out within three rounds.”
Garcia also opened up on how he was dealing with his struggles with anxiety, something which he said was now improving.
“I think I’ve learned to cope with it a little better,” he stated.
“My biggest thing was I couldn’t talk about it because I felt like I was going to be judged, or somebody was going to look down on me, but once I started talking about it I felt way better, and then I felt myself becoming a stronger person.”