Argentine veteran Sergio Martinez faces off against his much younger challenger Macaulay McGowan on Thursday January 27.
46-year-old Martinez has just two defeats in 59 fights, while 27-year-old McGowan has a 14-2-1 record.
McCauley lost his last two fights, against Tursynbay Kulakhmet in November 2020 and then Kieron Conway a month later.
Martinez is a former WBC and WBO champion who retired in June 2014 on his stool - his trainer Pablo Sarmiento's decision - against Miguel Cotto at the Madison Square Garden.
Here's everything you need to know about Martinez vs. McGowan.
When is Martinez vs. McGowan? date, start time
- Date: Thursday, January 27
- Main card: 2 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. GMT / 6.p.m European time
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 5 p.m. ET / 10 p.m. GMT / 11 p.m. European time
The main card gets underway at 2 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. GMT / 6.p.m European time with the main event ringwalks scheduled for 5 p.m. ET / 10 p.m. GMT / 11 p.m. European time. These timings are subject to change due to the length of the undercard bouts.
What channel/stream is Martinez vs. McGowan?
- U.S.: N/A
- UK: N/A
The fight does not yet have a mainstream broadcaster.
Where is the Martinez vs. McGowan fight?
The fight will take place at the Wiznik Center, Madrid, Spain.
Sergio Martinez record and bio
- Nationality: Argentina
- Date of Birth: November 8, 1987
- Height: 5'10"
- Reach: 73"
- Total Fights: 59
- Record: 54-3-2 (30 KOs)
Macaulay McGowan Record and Bio
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Date of Birth: March 4, 1998
- Height: N/A
- Reach: N/A
- Total Fights: 17
- Record: 14-2-1 (3 KOs)
Martinez vs. McGowan fight card
- Sergio Martinez vs. Macaulay McGowan; middleweight
- Bernard Angelo Torres vs. Mauro Alex Hasan Perouene, featherweight
- Jon Fernandez vs. Andrii Boryshpolets, lightweight
- Jamshid Nazari vs. Sandro Hernandez, junior welterweights
- Brandon Moreno vs. Alejandro Torres, flyweights