David Haye retired from the boxing ring several years ago in the wake of two humbling losses to rival Tony Bellew, having previously reigned as a world cruiserweight and world heavyweight champion.
He then spent his time managing the career of Derek Chisora and making media appearances, until his sudden decision to face off against his out-of-the-ring friend Joe Fournier, who has boxed at a low level sporadically around his primary living as an entrepreneur.
Haye claims he needs to teach Fournier a lesson following flippant comments made about how he could beat the former champ if they faced off in the present day, and now it forms part of an intriguing undercard on Triller's Sept. 11 sideshow event headlined by another former heavy and cruiser king, Evander Holyfield, facing ex-MMA kingpin Vitor Belfort in the latter's boxing debut.
- It's time for Teofimo Lopez to move on to junior welterweight and try "The Takeover" there
- George Kambosos Jr. shocks Teofimo Lopez in split decision to become new unified world lightweight champion
- Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr: Odds, prediction and betting trends
- Devin Haney: 'There's definitely hesitation' from Teofimo Lopez to fight him
Can Haye prove Fournier wrong, or will the whole thing prove to be a big mistake on the Hayemaker's part?
Here's everything you need to know ahead of Saturday's bill.
When is Haye vs. Fournier? Date, Start time
- Date: Saturday, September 11th
- Main card: 8 p.m. ET/1 a.m. BST
- Main event approx: 11:00 p.m. ET/4:00 a.m. BST
The Holyfield vs. Belfort card takes place on Saturday, September 11th. The main card begins at 8 p.m. ET in the United States and at 1 a.m. BST in the UK. The main eventers are expected to make their walks to the ring at around 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. BST, pending on the outcome of the earlier main card fights. That means Haye is set to be competing sometime between those two times.
What Channel/Stream is Haye's fight?
- U.S.: Triller PPV
- UK: Fite TV
Triller will be promoting and screening the fight card in the United States, while international rights have been picked up by Fite.
Where is the card taking place?
The card will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
David Haye record
Born: October 13th, 1980
Total Fights: 32
Record: 28-4, 26 KOs
Joe Fournier record
Born: January 23rd, 1983
Total Fights: 10
Record: 9-0, 9 KOs (1 NC)
Fight card in full
- Evander Holyfield vs. Vitor Belfort
- David Haye vs. Joe Fournier
- Anderson Silva vs. Tito Ortiz
- Andy Vences vs. Jono Carroll